Net income attributable to common stockholders totaled $8.3 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, compared to $103.0 million, or $1.14 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2012.
Operating and Leasing Activity
For the second quarter of 2013, the Company reported revenues and operating income of $365.1 million and $207.4 million, respectively, compared to $344.5 million and $264.2 million, respectively, for the same period in 2012.
Same-store cash NOI on a combined basis increased by 2.2 percent to $184.8 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 as compared to the same period in 2012. Consolidated property same-store cash NOI increased by 2.4 percent to $160.8 million and unconsolidated joint venture property same-store cash NOI increased 0.9 percent to $24.0 million.Same-store cash NOI on a combined basis increased by 3.3 percent to $366.0 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013 as compared to the same period in 2012. Consolidated property same-store cash NOI increased by 3.6 percent to $318.4 million and unconsolidated joint venture property same-store cash NOI increased 1.4 percent to $47.7 million. Occupancy for the Company’s stabilized, same-store Manhattan portfolio at June 30, 2013 increased to 94.4 percent compared to 93.8 percent at June 30, 2012 and 94.3 percent at March 31, 2013. During the quarter, the Company signed 69 office leases in its Manhattan portfolio totaling 768,682 square feet. Twenty-nine leases totaling 228,159 square feet represented office leases that replaced previous vacancy. Forty office leases comprising 540,523 square feet, which had been occupied within the prior twelve months, had average starting rents of $65.32 per rentable square foot, representing an 11.7 percent increase over the previously fully escalated rents on the same office spaces. The average lease term on the Manhattan office leases signed in the second quarter was 7.1 years and average tenant concessions were 3.3 months of free rent with a tenant improvement allowance of $32.17 per rentable square foot.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV