Snore No More: Ask Noah
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Q: I'm a 24-year-old guy with a mild case of sleep apnea. I've been prescribed a special mouth guard, but don't wear it in front of my girlfriend. In the morning she complains that I snore. It's all very embarrassing. What should I do?
A: While I understand your concerns, sleep apnea is a medical health condition that requires treatment. I strongly urge you to follow your doctor's prescription and use the mouth guard every night.
You are having irrational fears regarding your girlfriend's reaction. The reality is this device will most likely stop or minimize the snoring. This will provide your girlfriend with fewer sleepless nights, and that's a gift rather than an imposition. Will she really place importance on how the snoring stops?
You're a 24-year-old man in a relationship, not a 15-year-old boy hoping to convince a girl to like him. I highly doubt your girlfriend will laugh maliciously and call you names.Regardless, it's your responsibility not to let this relationship take precedence over your physical health. Enjoy a good night's sleep and trust that your girlfriend won't leave you over a mouth guard! Thanks for reaching out. As always please send questions and comments to ASK NOAH at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a profitable and peaceful week, Noah This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV