- Doing the right thing: NiSource was named to Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical companies list in 2012 and 2013. In addition, NiSource also was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for 2012/2013.
- Safe, reliable, modern energy infrastructure: NiSource has embarked on more than $25 billion in long-term energy infrastructure modernization investments. These investments help maintain and improve reliability, safety and flexibility for customers, while creating significant economic benefits.
- Energy conservation and savings: In 2012, customers saved $4.2 million through natural gas energy efficiency programs, which is the energy equivalent of heating 10,500 homes for a year. In addition to lowering a customer's overall utility bill, it helps conserve natural resources by using less fuel.
- Community investment: NiSource donated a record $6.8 million to local, regional and national charitable organizations across the company's 16-state operating area.
- Environmental improvements: Ongoing NiSource environmental projects will reduce power plant sulfur dioxide emissions by more than 95 percent, and the company's energy infrastructure modernization investments will continue to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Safe, engaged teams: Statistics show that NiSource ranks among energy industry leaders in key employee safety measures, and is among global leaders in employee engagement.
NiSource Issues 2012 Sustainability Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts