ATLANTA, July 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Equifax Inc. (NYSE:EFX) today announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. The company reported revenue from continuing operations of $586.9 million in the second quarter of 2013, a 14 percent increase from the second quarter of 2012.
Second quarter diluted EPS from continuing operations attributable to Equifax was $0.73, an increase of 22 percent from the second quarter of 2012. On a non-GAAP basis, adjusted EPS attributable to Equifax, excluding the impact of acquisition-related amortization expense, net of associated tax impacts, was $0.92, up 28 percent from the second quarter of 2012.
"Broad-based performance, including double digit revenue growth and expanded operating margins, drove our strong financial results in the second quarter," said Richard F. Smith, Equifax's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "With the integration of the CSC acquisition nearly complete and accelerating growth in our core, non-mortgage activities and our strategic initiatives, I am highly confident in our full year guidance."Second Quarter 2013 Highlights
- In addition to the financial highlights noted above, second quarter 2013 net income from continuing operations attributable to Equifax was $90.5 million, a 22 percent increase from the prior year.
- Operating margin was 26.9 percent for the second quarter of 2013, compared to 25.1 percent in the second quarter of 2012.
- Total debt at June 30, 2013 was $1.5 billion, down $225.1 million from December 31, 2012.
U.S. Consumer Information Solutions (USCIS) Total revenue was $259.7 million in the second quarter of 2013 compared to $217.6 million in the second quarter of 2012, an increase of 19 percent.
- Online Consumer Information Solutions revenue was $184.8 million, up 17 percent from a year ago.
- Mortgage Solutions revenue was $32.5 million, up 38 percent from a year ago.
- Consumer Financial Marketing Services revenue was $42.4 million, up 17 percent when compared to a year ago.
Operating margin for USCIS was 40.2 percent in the second quarter of 2013 which is flat when compared to the second quarter of 2012.
Total revenue was $129.8 million in the second quarter of 2013, a 9 percent increase from the second quarter of 2012 and a 12 percent increase on a local currency basis.
- Latin America revenue was $48.6 million, up 11 percent in local currency and 5 percent in U.S. dollars from a year ago.
- Europe revenue was $47.1 million, up 16 percent in local currency and 14 percent in U.S. dollars from a year ago.
- Canada Consumer revenue was $34.1 million, up 9 percent in local currency and 7 percent in U.S. dollars from a year ago.
Operating margin for International was 28.7 percent in the second quarter of 2013 compared to 29.2 percent in the second quarter of 2012.
Total revenue was $123.2 million in the second quarter of 2013, a 12 percent increase over the second quarter of 2012.
- Verification Services revenue was $76.7 million, up 21 percent when compared to a year ago.
- Employer Services revenue was $46.5 million, flat when compared to a year ago.
Operating margin for Workforce Solutions was 31.1 percent in the second quarter of 2013 compared to 24.2 percent in the second quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV