Symetra Financial Corporation (NYSE: SYA) today reported second quarter 2013 net income of $45.0 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, compared with $43.8 million, or $0.32 per diluted share, in second quarter 2012.
Adjusted operating income was $51.4 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, compared with $47.2 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, in the same period a year ago.
|Summary Financial Results||Three Months Ended||Six Months Ended|
|(In millions, except per share data)||June 30||June 30|
|Per Diluted Share of Common Stock||$||0.34||$||0.32||$||0.82||$||0.86|
|Adjusted Operating Income||$||51.4||$||47.2||$||101.8||$||106.5|
|Per Diluted Share of Common Stock||$||0.39||$||0.34||$||0.75||$||0.77|
“Our Deferred Annuities business turned in a strong second quarter, and outstanding fixed indexed annuity sales drove account value growth. We saw flat year-over-year operating income in Benefits, improved results in Individual Life, and an earnings decline in Income Annuities. All in all, Symetra posted a solid second quarter performance,” said Tom Marra, Symetra president and CEO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV