On Assignment, Inc. (NYSE: ASGN), a leading global provider of diversified professional staffing solutions, today reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Revenues were $417.9 million, up 15.4 percent year-over-year on a pro forma basis and 7.4 percent sequentially. Pro forma results, as used herein, assume that our acquisition of Apex Systems occurred on January 1, 2012. Pro forma operating results are summarized in a table below.
- Income from continuing operations, excluding the write-off of loan costs, acquisition-related costs and strategic planning expenses, which were not included in the previously announced estimates (a non-GAAP measure set forth in the table below) was $17.4 million ($0.32 per diluted share), up from $11.0 million ($0.20 per diluted share) in the first quarter of 2013. Adjusted income from continuing operations (a non-GAAP measure set forth in the table below) was $25.5 million ($0.47 per diluted share).
- Adjusted EBITDA (a non-GAAP measure defined below) was $44.2 million, up from $38.4 million in second quarter of 2012 on a pro forma basis.
- Percentage of gross profit converted into Adjusted EBITDA was 35.5 percent, up from 34.4 percent in second quarter of 2012 on a pro forma basis.
- Leverage ratio (total indebtedness to trailing twelve months Adjusted EBITDA) was 2.3 to 1, down from 2.88 to 1 at December 31, 2012.
- On May 16, we closed on a new $500 million credit facility that expanded our borrowing capacity and flexibility and reduced our interest rates.
Commenting on the results, Peter Dameris, President and Chief Executive Officer of On Assignment, Inc., said, “Our results for the quarter were above our previously announced estimates and driven by strong year-over-year revenue growth and improved operating leverage. Our conversion of gross profit into Adjusted EBITDA was 35.5 percent for the quarter, up from 34.4 in the second quarter of 2012 on a pro forma basis and 30.1 percent in the preceding quarter.