5 Fittest Cities in America
Second-fittest city in America: Washington
Washington has long been America's capital when it comes to health-conscious residents, perennially ranking No. 1 on those parts of the AFI study that relate to individual fitness rather than community facilities.
For example, 60.9% of Washingtonians rate their health as "excellent" or "very good" -- the highest level among any city studied.Residents also enjoy above-average numbers of farmers' markets, dog parks, recreation centers, swimming pools, tennis courts and public parks on a per-capita basis. Thompson says outdoor amenities such as the National Mall, a two-mile greenway that stretches from the Lincoln Memorial to the U.S. Capitol, offer great exercise opportunities. "Go out to the Mall any day between 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and you'll find literally hundreds of joggers or people out for a walk," he says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV