5 Fittest Cities in America
Fourth-fittest city in America: San Francisco
It's not surprising that a city that tried to ban Happy Meals (McDonald's (MCD) found a way around the prohibition) ranks high for fitness.
The AFI study found that San Francisco has the lowest rates of both smoking (11% of the population) and obesity (18.6%) among communities analyzed.The City by the Bay also boasts low per-capita death rates from diabetes and cardiovascular disease, while twice as many residents as average walk or bike to work relative to the community's population. And while San Francisco has below-average per-capita numbers of baseball fields, swimming pools and other exercise-promoting facilities, locals do have access to more than three times the typical number of dog parks relative to the community's population.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV