A name often mentioned with Facebook is Zynga (ZNGA), which is trading lower despite beating top- and bottom-line estimates on Thursday. Brown said the only statistic that matters is Zynga's subscribers declined from 72 million to 39 million in the last 12 months. His stance remained bearish.
Guest contributor John Rogers, founder of Ariel Investments, says he continues to remain bullish on the overall markets. He added that the mergers and acquisitions space was just getting started and that corporate management is finally getting comfortable spending money to acquire.
Starbucks (SBUX) reported earnings on Thursday, with the company beating on the top- and bottom-line and raising full-year guidance.
Adami said the stock continues to perform well, but the time to be long was before the announcement. He would not recommend chasing after the earnings pop higher.Brown added that the stock deserves its high trading premium because there is no other company that can quite compete with Starbucks. F5 Networks (FFIV) popped 7% higher on Thursday, and Adami said that he would be a buyer on a breakout over $90. With a recent low of $67, he said there's too much downside risk in the stock to go long without enough momentum. With an even bigger jump was Boston Scientific (BSX), up 13% from strong earnings per share results on Thursday. Mike Khouw said the company isn't growing top-line results enough and that at 25 times earnings, it's a little too expensive. He is not a buyer. For their final trades, Adami says to buy Blackstone (BX). Grasso says he is a buyer of Google (GOOG), but using $875 as a stopping point. Brown is buying shares of Ford (F) and Kelly is going long Mexico via the iShares MSCI Mexico ETF (EWW). -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV