Among the current bright spots for the power company are Texas and Ohio, two areas where housing is improving and where the oil and gas industries are flourishing. Akins said that new leadership at the Environmental Protection Agency is also helping the industry overall, as the agency is learning from the mistakes of past leadership and listening more to what power companies need.
Cramer said that while American Electric Power has been hurt by the rotation out of high-yielding dividend stocks, once the economy picks up more steam this stock will be ready to resume higher.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer said today's indictment of SAC Capital proves that investors weren't paranoid to think that some of the biggest investors had an inside edge on information -- that edge actually existed.
Cramer said the notion that the big boys knew what was going to happen before it happened has been proven correct, as SAC's culture of "don't ask, don't tell" when it came to where analysts got their information is the exact opposite of how an honest firm behaves. He said that such reckless behavior undermines confidence and wrecks the level playing field that all investors rely on.Cramer cautioned all hedge fund managers that if they're trying to get an illegal edge on the markets, the government will eventually catch them. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV