BERLIN, Conn., July 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast, one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information, and communications products and services, today announced the launch of the X1 Platform from Xfinity across Connecticut, Western Massachusetts and Vermont, making the technology available throughout all of New England.
Unlike any other video service available, X1 uses IP technology delivered over Comcast's network to create the world's first Entertainment Operating System. X1 integrates the largest collection of video with social media features, interactive apps, web content and more in one easy-to-navigate, sleek viewing experience.
"The X1 Platform is a huge leap forward for us and transforms traditional television viewing into an entirely new, integrated entertainment experience," said Mary McLaughlin, Senior Vice President of Comcast's Western New England Region, which includes Connecticut, Western Massachusetts and Vermont. "X1 uses cloud-based technology to make the TV experience smarter, richer and more personalized, and allows us to deliver new features to our customers faster than ever."
The launch of X1 is part of Comcast's ongoing and evolving effort to take advantage of IP technology and the cloud to constantly bring new innovations to market. For example, Comcast has completed more than 1,200 updates to the X1 platform since its launch in 2011.X1 features currently include:
- A modern user interface that enables one-click access to programs and a highly visual guide to entertainment options and related information
- A personalized viewing experience with recommendations based on search input and previously watched shows and movies
- The ability to search simultaneously across live TV, Xfinity On Demand and DVR recordings – and see the last nine programs watched across all services with a single tap on the remote control
- The ability to watch DVR recordings from any room in the house and simultaneously record up to four shows while watching another
- An expanding selection of tailored-for-TV apps, including social networking, traffic, weather, voicemail, Pandora and a sports app to track multiple games at once and check the latest scores, standings, and schedules while watching a favorite show
- A new "Send to TV" feature that allows customers to send Web content, including videos, and photos from TV-optimized sites, directly to the X1 set top box and view it on the big screen
- An enhanced remote control that offers greater responsiveness and does not require a line-of-sight connection to the set-top-box
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV