LOS ANGELES, July 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Live Nation Entertainment announced today that it will begin serving locally grown produce, meat products certified under animal welfare programs recognized by The Humane Society of the United States, and for the first time, will introduce vegetarian meal options in its 38 owned and operated amphitheaters across North America.
Beginning this month, the produce that tops the hundreds of thousands of hamburgers Live Nation sells each summer will be sourced from farms local to each venue. For example at the Bank of America Pavilion in Boston, produce will be sourced from one of three local farms: Wilson Farms in Lexington, MA, Maitland Mountain Farm in Salem, MA, or Eva Garden's in Dartmouth, MA.
In addition, all of the hamburgers, hot dogs, Italian sausages and chicken tenders served in Live Nation amphitheaters will now carry either Certified Humane, Global Animal Partnership or Animal Welfare Approved certification.
In addition to a veggie burger being offered for the first time, Live Nation will also introduce a signature vegetarian meal item which is being developed by Chef Hugh Acheson, widely respected in the restaurant industry for his dedication to tapping local, sustainable and organic food sources for his restaurants.Live Nation sells more than 800,000 meals in its amphitheaters each summer and although there may be short periods of time when it is not feasible to source locally grown produce and Certified Humane meat products due to supply chain issues, the company will endeavor for 100% compliance to these new standards. Live Nation will absorb any cost increases related to the new policies, so music fans across the country will not see an increase in meal prices based on similar product size.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV