Booz Allen Hamilton (NYSE:BAH), a leader in management and technology consulting, today announced it has been awarded more than $78 million in competitive contract actions to support critical national health offices in its first quarter of fiscal year 2014.
“Our civil health portfolio continues to expand within the Departments of Health and Human Services and Veterans Affairs,” said Susan Penfield, Booz Allen Executive Vice President, who leads the firm’s government health business. “We’re focusing our efforts on bringing together subject matter expertise with strategy, analytics and technology solutions to tackle the most pressing national health issues.”
Among a variety of contracts, the new work includes three task orders from the Department of Veterans Affairs:
- $30.6 million task order with the Office of Information & Technology for support of Information Technology Workforce Development
- $11 million task order from the Chief Information Officer (CIO)/Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) to provide support to the OIS IT Resilience & Emergency Management
- $6 million task order to provide validation and testing of the Electronic Information and Technology products and systems
Contracts from the Department of Health and Human Services include:
- $5 million split between five awards from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to provide support to the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of the Commissioner (OC) and Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA)
- $1 million split between three awards from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to provide support to the Office of External Affairs & Beneficiary Services and Healthcare Fraud Prevention Partnership.
- $241,000 split between two awards from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to provide support to Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR).
- $230,000 split between two awards from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to provide support to the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV