It will be interesting to see what Apple is planning next. There's an iPad-mini 2 rumored to be in the works as well as a new, larger-than-the-original-sized iPad. That model might even turn into a two-piece tablet/keyboard laptop replacement device. Retail prices will surely continue to be a factor in any device's long-term success.
Apple hasn't said when either of those products may reach retail but Cook and other executive have dropped a number of hints that they'll have some new items to discuss later this year. With the recently announced overhaul to iOS coming this fall, Apple customers should expect new tablet designs to be a large part of the company's future.
--Written by Gary Krakow in New York.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV