- Second quarter 2013 non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.62, second quarter 2013 GAAP diluted EPS of $0.52.
- Second quarter 2013 net revenues 1 were a record $451 million, up 8% from the prior year quarter's non-GAAP net revenue. On an organic basis, assuming constant currency and excluding acquisitions, net revenues increased 1% year-over-year.
- All four business segments experienced organic revenue growth year-over-year.
- Non-transaction based revenues were 72% of our total second quarter 2013 net revenues, and increased 10% from the prior year quarter.
- During the second quarter, NASDAQ OMX closed two strategically significant acquisitions, the Thomson Reuters' IR, PR and Multimedia businesses, and the eSpeed benchmark Treasury trading platform.
NEW YORK, July 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today reported results for the second quarter of 2013. Second quarter net revenues were $451 million, up from $416 million in the prior year period on a non-GAAP basis, driven by acquisitions and organic growth in all four business segments. On an organic basis second quarter net revenues increased 1% year-over-year.
"Our strategy is focused on becoming an entrenched provider of corporate, trading, technology, and information products and services that allow our customers to more effectively navigate today's global capital markets," said Bob Greifeld, CEO, NASDAQ OMX. "Essential to that strategy has been the expansion of the depth and breadth of asset classes, products and markets we offer as well as extending our presence in adjacent businesses that are relevant to the communities where we operate to facilitate a deepening of our client relationships."
Mr. Greifeld continued, "We took significant strategic steps forward this quarter – closing on two transformative acquisitions, launching a revolutionary interest rate market, and delivering record revenues. The acquisitions of Thomson Reuters' IR, PR, and Multimedia businesses, and eSpeed, establish NASDAQ OMX as the leader in corporate solutions and a leading force in the expanding electronic fixed income business. Both are on track to meet or exceed the targets we've set for delivering value to shareholders. Today, across our expanded portfolio of businesses, we are now a #1 or #2 player in business segments that collectively comprise 96% of our revenues. Our position continues to validate the strategic direction of the organization and relentless focus on our clients."Operating expenses were $292 million in the second quarter of 2013, compared to $252 million in the prior year quarter. On a non-GAAP basis, second quarter 2013 operating expenses were $267 million, up 15% as compared to the prior year quarter, primarily due to the inclusion of expenses associated with the acquisition of Thomson Reuters' IR, PR and Multimedia businesses, as well as several smaller acquisitions. On an organic basis (constant currency and excluding acquisitions), second quarter non-GAAP operating expenses were unchanged year-over-year, a net 1% decline in core expenses offset by higher internal investment (GIFT) spending.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV