Global nutrition company, Herbalife (NYSE: HLF), has announced that it will become the Official Nutrition Partner of the 2013 Guinness International Champions Cup. This eight-team tournament, which features some of the world’s best and most prestigious football clubs from Spain, Italy, England and the United States, begins on July 27 and culminates with the championship final in Miami on August 7, 2013.
Herbalife will activate around this sports marketing platform with promotional opportunities in and around participating venues. As the Official Nutrition Partner of the event, Herbalife will also provide teams with a range of nutrition products, including its sports drink, Herbalife24 Hydrate.
The Guinness International Champions Cup, organized by Relevent Sports, a division of RSE Ventures, and broadcast by FOX, is the first-of-its-kind football tournament taking place across the globe with contests in Phoenix, San Francisco, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Valencia, Spain.
This agreement is part of Herbalife’s broader sponsorship program aimed at promoting healthy and active lifestyles. Herbalife sponsors more than 150 events, teams and athletes around the world, including international football star, Cristiano Ronaldo; LA Galaxy in the U.S.; FC Pumas in Mexico; Brazilian team, Botafogo; Spartak-Moscow in Russia; and the national teams of Belgium and Venezuela.For tickets or additional information on the Guinness International Champions Cup, please visit www.internationalchampionscup.com. Notes to Editors: Participating squads:
- Real Madrid (Spain)
- Chelsea FC (UK)
- A.C. Milan (Italy)
- Juventus (Italy)
- Inter Milan (Italy)
- Valencia CF (Spain)
- Everton FC (UK)
- LA Galaxy (US)
- University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ – Opening Round Host
- AT&T Park, San Francisco, CA – Opening Round Host
- Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN – Opening Round Host
- Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA - Semifinal Host
- Met Life Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ – Semifinal Host
- Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL – Finals Host
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts