The Charles Schwab Corporation has received new recognition for its employee-friendly workplace as one of Florida Trend magazine’s Best Companies to Work for in the State of Florida. The fifth annual statewide Best Companies list appears in the August issue of Florida Trend magazine and on FloridaTrend.com. One-hundred organizations were recognized in small, medium and large company categories, and Schwab was in the large company category. The Best Companies To Work For In Florida program was created by Florida Trend and Best Companies Group and is endorsed by the HR Florida State Council.
To be considered for participation, companies or government entities had to employ at least 15 workers in Florida and had to have been in operation at least one year. Companies that chose to participate underwent an evaluation of their workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics. The process also included a survey to measure employee satisfaction. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the registration, survey and analysis and determined the final rankings.
“This year, Schwab is celebrating its 40-year anniversary and a history of innovation and advocacy on behalf of individual investors,” said Ray Di Sanza, senior vice president of operations and senior location leader for Orlando. “This is a perfect time to be recognized for our great workplace, too, especially the collaborative and client-centric culture that allows employees the freedom to do their absolute best work.”
Schwab is also celebrating its 20-year anniversary in Orlando. In 1993, the company opened its fourth service center, in Maitland. Schwab now has five service center locations that are geographically dispersed across the United States. The company's first Florida retail branch office serving individual investors opened in Fort Lauderdale in 1979, and Schwab now has 32 branch offices throughout the state.Schwab has received multiple other workplace awards. Recent recognition in 2013 includes:
- The Gallup Great Workplace award (2013) for the second consecutive year.
- The Denver Post Top Workplaces 2013
- The Indianapolis Star Top Workplaces 2013
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplaces 2013
- The Bay Area News Group (SF) Top Workplaces 2013
- CareerBuilder Best Companies to Work for in Arizona 2013
- Military Edge magazine “Best for Vets” (2013) for the fourth consecutive year
- Best Place to Work for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Equality (2013), based on a 100 percent rating from the Human Rights Campaign on its annual Corporate Equality Index for the ninth consecutive year