The Board of Directors of diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton (NYSE:ETN) today declared a quarterly dividend of $0.42 per ordinary share payable August 23, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business on August 5, 2013. Eaton has paid a dividend every year since 1923.
Eaton estimates that the majority of the dividend will be treated as a return of capital to U.S. shareholders. Additional information about the tax treatment of the dividend is available at the investor relations page of the Eaton website, www.Eaton.com. Eaton is required to file an IRS form indicating the estimated percentage of the dividend to be treated as a return of capital to U.S. shareholders after each quarterly cash dividend is paid. When filed, the IRS form will also be available at the investor relations page of the Eaton website.
Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. A global technology leader, Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in November 2012. The 2012 revenue of the combined companies was $21.8 billion on a pro forma basis. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV