In its final week, the Men’s Wearhouse (NYSE: MW) National Suit Drive is urging Americans to clean out their closets and make a donation to their local Men’s Wearhouse to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged workers still facing unemployment.
Men’s Wearhouse has partnered with more than 150 nonprofit organizations across the country to distribute the donations to clients looking to re-enter the workforce and to keep donations in local communities. The local nonprofit partners also prepare these men and women to re-enter the job market through résumé-building workshops, interview preparation, and employment training programs.
“The Men’s Wearhouse National Suit Drive provides job seekers with the final piece for an interview — the clothes, the suit,” said Steven Cook, Vice President of Corporate Giving at Men’s Wearhouse. “In addition to interview skills and resume-writing resources, access to work-appropriate clothing is key, as the ability to make a great first impression is crucial in securing a job.”
Last year, the Men’s Wearhouse National Suit Drive collected more than 130,000 pieces of gently used professional clothing, including suits, dress slacks, shirts, ties, and accessories. The donations gave thousands of job seekers the confidence to make a good first impression and re-enter the workforce. This year the goal is 150,000 items.“Having faced different challenges, I can testify to the transformative power of a suit. When I put my suit on, it’s not just about the clothing — it’s about empowerment,” said Ucal K., a National Suit Drive recipient. “When I look in the mirror, I don’t just see myself, I see what I can become. And that’s a powerful thing.” To learn more about Ucal’s story and to hear other success stories from suit recipients, watch the “Help Others Find Their Strong Suit” video. Those interested in supporting the National Suit Drive can help in two ways:
- In-store: To donate clothing to the National Suit Drive, patrons may go to any one of more than 900 Men’s Wearhouse stores around the country to contribute their gently used men’s suits, shirts, jackets, ties, belts, and shoes. This year, dress shoes and big and tall business attire are in especially high demand. Women’s professional clothing items are accepted as well.
- Online: Donors may also make a monetary contribution to the cause by donating directly to a participating nonprofit organization. Monetary donations are accepted online at NationalSuitDrive.com or at any Men’s Wearhouse location.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV