Employees at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (GMCR) (NASDAQ: GMCR), a leader in specialty coffee and single serve beverages with its innovative Keurig® brewing technology, are rolling up their sleeves to eliminate trash in and around rivers in the communities surrounding GMCR sites. As part of the company’s Community Action For Employees (CAFE) volunteerism program, GMCR employees from Tennessee, Washington, Vermont, and Massachusetts will join in river cleanups in their own backyards.
In total, four cleanup events will take place this summer at different company locations in conjunction with American Rivers’ National River Cleanup ®, a nationwide effort to keep America’s waterways clean. These include:
Tennessee: Earlier this summer, GMCR hosted a cleanup of the Tennessee River in Knoxville.
Washington: The premiere River Cleanup of the Puyallup River in Sumner from July 24-25, 2013Vermont: The ninth annual River Cleanup of the Winooski River from August 5-9, 2013 Massachusetts: The River Cleanup of the Merrimack River in Lowell from August 13-15, 2013. “Our employees actively take part in their communities throughout the year, but we all anticipate River Cleanup as it has a lasting effect in the areas we live and work in,” said T.J. Whalen, Chief Strategy and Sustainability Officer at GMCR. “Employees are passionate about this cause, which is why we are so excited to be hosting the effort in four of our local communities this year.” During last year’s River Cleanup events, employee volunteers removed more waste from the waterways than ever before. GMCR volunteers removed over 980 tires from the river beds and banks of the Winooski River, while 8,100 pounds of trash was eliminated from the Tennessee River and more than 12 tons of trash was taken from the Merrimack River.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV