Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Ford Motor (F) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ford Motor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- F has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $586.1 million.
- F traded 247,208 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:26 AM.
- F is up 3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in F with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for F NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on F: Ford Motor Company engages in the development, manufacture, distribution, and service of vehicles, parts, and accessories worldwide. The company operates through two sectors, Automotive and Financial Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. F has a PE ratio of 11.4. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Ford Motor a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.The average volume for Ford Motor has been 41.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ford has a market cap of $64.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.57 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.29 days to cover. Shares are up 31.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ford Motor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 80.49% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, F should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- FORD MOTOR CO has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FORD MOTOR CO reported lower earnings of $1.42 versus $5.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.44 versus $1.42).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Automobiles industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 15.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,396.00 million to $1,611.00 million.
- You can view the full Ford Motor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about F
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV