BankUnited, Inc. (the “Company”) (NYSE:BKU) today announced financial results for the second quarter of 2013.
For the quarter ended June 30, 2013, the Company reported net income of $54.0 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, as compared to $48.9 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
For the six months ended June 30, 2013, the Company reported net income of $102.2 million, or $0.99 per diluted share, generating an annualized return on average stockholders’ equity of 11.15% and an annualized return on average assets of 1.62%. The Company reported net income of $99.2 million, or $0.96 per diluted share, for the six months ended June 30, 2012.
John Kanas, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "The New York franchise is off to a very strong start. Combined with the remarkable recovery in the South Florida market, BankUnited is beginning to hit on all cylinders."Performance Highlights
- New loans grew by $1.1 billion during the second quarter of 2013. For the six months ended June 30, 2013, new loans increased by $1.4 billion to $5.1 billion, an annualized growth rate of 79%.
- Deposits increased to $9.0 billion at June 30, 2013, with interest and non-interest bearing demand deposits totaling $2.2 billion, or 24% of total deposits.
- The net interest margin, calculated on a tax-equivalent basis, was 6.14% for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- We opened two additional banking centers in Manhattan during the second quarter of 2013, which was the first full quarter of operations for our New York franchise, bringing the total number of banking centers to four. One new branch opened in Florida during the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- The cost of deposits continued to trend downward to 0.64% for the second quarter of 2013 from 0.70% for the immediately preceding quarter.
- Book value and tangible book value per common share were $18.43 and $17.74, respectively, at June 30, 2013.
|Tier 1 leverage||13.7%|
|Tier 1 risk-based capital||27.9%|
|Total risk-based capital||28.9%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV