8. -- Visa (V) swung to a profit in its fiscal third quarter, posting earnings of $1.23 billion, or $1.88 a share, a reversal from the year-earlier loss of $1.84 billion, or $2.74 a share.
Visa processed 15 billion transactions during the quarter, up 14% from last year.
9. -- CKE, the restaurant company that operates the Carl's Jr and Hardees fast food chains, is exploring a potential sale after postponing its initial public offering last year, Reuters reported, citing three people familiar with the matter.
10. -- Google (GOOG) introduced on Wednesday an updated Nexus 7 tablet and an inexpensive new device to stream Web videos, music and photos to a high-definition television and control the process from a laptop, Android, Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac and iOS device. The new 7-inch Nexus 7 tablet is manufactured by Asus. The updated tablet, which starts at $229, is thinner, lighter in weight and has front and back cameras. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts