INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev., July 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PDL BioPharma, Inc. (PDL) (NASDAQ: PDLI) today announced that the Company has appointed David Montez, CPA, as controller and chief accounting officer. Mr. Montez's appointment is effective as of today.
"Dave brings more than 13 years of experience in overseeing accounting and financial functions across public and private companies and public accounting firms, and we are pleased to welcome him to our team," stated Peter Garcia, vice president and chief financial officer of PDL BioPharma. "We believe that his knowledge of accounting and financial reporting procedures will enhance and further strengthen our finance team."
Mr. Montez joins PDL from GlassPoint Solar, Inc., where he served as director of finance and corporate controller managing a large team and the company's reporting processes. Prior to that, Mr. Montez served for six years at Moss Adams LLP as an audit senior manager. As a partner candidate, he managed and mentored over 80 people during his tenure there and provided consulting and audit services to multiple companies, many of which were in the life sciences sector. Previously, he was controller at Harmonic Inc. and senior associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. Mr. Montez is a licensed certified public accountant (CPA) and holds a BA in Accounting from the University of Utah.About PDL BioPharmaPDL pioneered the humanization of monoclonal antibodies and, by doing so, enabled the discovery of a new generation of targeted treatments for cancer and immunologic diseases. Today, PDL is focused on intellectual property asset management, investing in new income generating assets and maximizing value for its shareholders. For more information, please visit www.pdl.com. NOTE: PDL BioPharma and the PDL BioPharma logo are considered trademarks of PDL BioPharma, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV