SPOKANE, Wash., July 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Potlatch Corporation (Nasdaq:PCH) today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
"All of our business segments had very strong operating results in the second quarter despite the weakness in lumber prices and the typical impact of seasonality on our log harvesting activities," said Michael Covey, chairman and chief executive officer of Potlatch Corporation. "Our Wood Products segment had its best quarter in almost a decade. Lumber prices increased significantly in the first quarter and peaked in April, which benefited us greatly as we had a large number of shipments during this period. These strong pricing gains were somewhat tempered as prices softened in May and June. However, our lumber shipments remained fairly steady during the period so we were able to achieve an excellent level of operating results. Normal seasonal factors, primarily in Idaho, impacted our Resource segment's second quarter results. However, sustained improved log prices in Idaho partially offset our lower harvest level. Our Real Estate segment completed 65 sales transactions during the second quarter, which is the highest number of quarterly transactions that we have ever experienced," concluded Mr. Covey.
Q2 2013 Financial Summary
- Total consolidated revenues for Q2 2013 were $133.2 million, compared to $139.3 million in Q1 2013 and $117.5 million in Q2 2012.
- Net income for Q2 2013 was $19.2 million, or $0.47 per diluted share, compared to $15.5 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, in Q1 2013 and $5.1 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, in Q2 2012. An additional $1.75 million was accrued for environmental remediation at the Company's Avery Landing site in Idaho in Q2 2013, which had a negative after-tax impact of $0.03 per diluted share.
- EBITDDA was $34.7 million in Q2 2013 compared to $33.4 million in Q1 2013 and $22.6 million in Q2 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV