SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today the Connected Farm™ Fleet app built to serve managers and technicians by enabling them to access their fleet information from any location. Using smartphones and tablets, the app enables the fleet management portion of Trimble's industry-leading Connected Farm Web solution to go mobile. With the app, managers can track the location of vehicles, receive geo-fence and curfew alerts, analyze vehicle status, and view historical positions.
The app can display current status information such as whether the vehicle is idling, moving, working or delayed. This information flows into the Connected Farm Web solution, which allows managers to analyze the efficiency and productivity of their fleet.
Features of the Connected Farm Fleet app include:
- View the position and status of each vehicle overlaid on background imagery or road maps
- Map the locations of landmarks (such as structures, storage locations, irrigation/drainage, etc.) and view them for reference when navigating in remote areas
- Use turn-by-turn navigation to locate vehicles from your current position
- Receive geo-fence and curfew alerts
- View historical positions
"The popularity of mobile apps continues to grow in agriculture," said Joe Denniston, vice president for Trimble's Agriculture Division. "Agribusiness managers are looking for ways to be more efficient and manage their fleets while on the go. By providing remote access to fleet information, the Connected Farm Fleet app can help increase efficiency and flexibility."The free Connected Farm Fleet app is expected to be available in the third quarter of 2013 and is compatible with a variety of smartphones and tablets using an iOS or Android™ operating system. To download the app, go to the Apple App Store℠ or Google Play™ Store or visit: www.connectedfarm.com. In order to view their fleet's information on the Connected Farm Fleet app, customers will need to purchase Trimble's vehicle management service as well as a DCM-300 modem with data cellular service for each vehicle that will be tracked. Customers can use a demo function to explore the features provided before subscribing to the service. Contact a local Trimble dealer at www.trimble.com/locator for more information. The new app is part of Trimble's growing Connected Farm solution, an integrated operations management solution that provides information exchange across the entire farm. Connected Farm provides wireless data transfer between the office and field, vehicle-to-vehicle information sharing and vehicle tracking, productivity and delay reports, remote diagnostics via the Remote Assistant service, and a Connected Farm Scout app for scouting and mapping.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV