Maidenform has a great average-figure bra business that complements Hanes’ full-figure bra business. Maidenform is also recognized for its shapewear, while Hanes has an established panty business. The combination presents long-term growth opportunities by combining the respective strengths and capabilities of the portfolios and cross-introducing new products.
Maidenform sells intimate apparel bras, shapewear and panties under such brands as Maidenform, Flexees, Lilyette, Self Expressions and Sweet Nothings, as well as Donna Karan and DKNY under license. In 2012, 57 percent of the Maidenform’s revenue was generated by bra sales and 35 percent by shapewear sales. Approximately 90 percent of sales were in the United States.
Hanes’ intimate apparel brands include Playtex, Bali and Just My Size, which are market leaders in the full-figure bra category, as well as Hanes, Barely There, Wonderbra, Champion and L’eggs, and Donna Karan and DKNY under license.
“We are looking forward to Maidenform joining the Hanes family,” Noll said. “Maidenform has great brands that consumers trust. Combining the complementary strengths of both companies creates a lot of growth opportunities.”Acquisition Funding Hanes intends to fund the acquisition with cash on hand and short-term borrowings on its revolving credit facility, which will be retired through free cash flow. The company has completed an amendment to its revolver that decreases borrowing costs by 25 basis points and increases the borrowing limit to $1.1 billion. Hanes continues to expect to retire the remaining $250 million of 8 percent senior notes by the end of 2013 and expects to end the year with $1 billion in bond debt. If the acquisition closes in the fourth quarter as planned, the company expects to end the year with a ratio of long-term debt to EBITDA within the company’s previously disclosed target range of 1.5 to 2.5 times.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV