New Children's Defense Fund Report Highlights NRA's Efforts To Hide The Truth About Guns And Block Child Gun Violence Prevention
The report calls on Congress to protect children from gun violence by supporting common sense gun safety measures this year, including universal background checks, limits on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines, public funding for gun violence prevention research, consumer safety standards for all guns, and resources and authority for law enforcement agencies to properly enforce gun laws.
The report contains a state-by-state breakdown of child and teen gun deaths; analysis of the psychological and emotional trauma of gun violence on children; comparisons of U.S. gun violence rates with other high-income countries; good and bad state actions on gun violence prevention; and an economic analysis of the cost of gun violence. The report also provides actions that individuals, communities and policymakers can take now to protect children from gun violence.
Learn more about the Children's Defense Fund's We Can Do Better Social Media Campaign.The Children's Defense Fund Leave No Child Behind® mission is to ensure every child a Healthy Start, a Head Start, a Fair Start, a Safe Start and a Moral Start in life and successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities. For More Information Contact: Raymonde Charles, Press Secretary202-662-3508 (office) firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Children's Defense Fund
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV