Oath Keepers Places Pro-Snowden Signs In DC Area, Encouraging More Whistle-blowers
ARLINGTON, Va., July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oath Keepers has placed three back-lit signs on the subway platform in the Washington Metro Pentagon Station, group founder Stewart Rhodes announced today.
"The first sign at the Pentagon Station is done in the style of the theater scene from George Orwell's 1984 and features Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, as 'Big Brother,'" Rhodes wrote, stating the "sign makes it clear that by exposing the NSA spying on Americans, Snowden honored his oath."
"This artwork will also be going on a billboard along a major freeway in Maryland, near the NSA headquarters at Ft. Mead within the week," Rhodes added.
The second sign now in place at Pentagon Station is aimed directly at CIA employees, reminding them that their oath is not to a "corporate culture of secrecy," Rhodes continued. "The third sign is intended to reach our military personnel within the Pentagon, and any other government employees who have ever served in the military, using the Iwo Jima flag-raising as a backdrop to the message.""This is part of a broader effort to place billboards at strategic locations throughout the United States," Rhodes added, citing current locations including near military bases at Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Base, Fort Benning, Fort Hood, Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield. About Oath Keepers Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, police, and first responders who will fulfill the oath to "defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic." That oath, mandated by Article VI, is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and Oath Keepers pledge to not obey unconstitutional orders, such as orders to disarm Americans, to conduct warrantless searches, or to detain Americans as "unlawful enemy combatants."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV