LEAWOOD, Kan., July 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Euronet Worldwide, Inc. ("Euronet" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:EEFT), a leading electronic payments provider, reports second quarter 2013 financial results.
Euronet reports the following consolidated results for the second quarter 2013 compared with the same period of 2012:
- Revenues of $341.5 million, a 13% increase from $302.4 million (13% increase on a constant currency (1) basis).
- Operating income of $27.8 million, a 40% increase from $19.9 million (38% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Adjusted EBITDA (2) of $47.7 million, a 22% increase from $39.0 million (21% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Net income attributable to Euronet of $18.1 million or $0.35 diluted earnings per share, compared with net income of $5.7 million or $0.11 diluted earnings per share.
- Adjusted cash earnings per share (3) of $0.48, a 23% increase from $0.39.
- Transactions of 587 million, a 3% increase from 570 million.
See the reconciliation of non-GAAP items in the attached financial schedules."Overall, this was another exceptional quarter for our business with 23% year-over-year growth in cash earnings per share for the second quarter," stated Michael J. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "All three segments contributed to our double-digit growth in consolidated revenue, adjusted EBITDA and operating income. EFT and Money Transfer growth remained strong, driven by network expansion and increased demand for value added products. epay continued its improvement, led by increased sales of non-mobile products and prepaid mobile growth in the U.S. With tailwinds in all three segments, we are well positioned to continue this strong momentum into the second half of the year." Segment and Other Results The EFT Processing Segment reports the following results for the second quarter 2013 compared with the same period of 2012:
- Revenues of $72.2 million, a 24% increase from $58.3 million (23% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Operating income of $15.0 million, a 46% increase from $10.3 million (43% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Adjusted EBITDA of $22.7 million, a 37% increase from $16.6 million (34% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Transactions of 296 million, a 2% increase from 291 million.
- Operated 17,242 ATMs as of June 30, 2013, a 1% increase from 17,048.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts