SAO PAULO, July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL), (S&P: B, Fitch: B-, Moody's: B3), the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America has requested authorization from the Italian and Brazilian governments to implement codeshare procedures (flight sharing) with Alitalia. The agreement will ensure improved access to connections between Brazil and Europe for clients of both companies.
Initially, the agreement will allow Alitalia, an Italian airline with more than 14 flights per week from Rome to Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, to include its codes on GOL flights, permitting connections with various other Brazilian destinations.
"We actively seek codeshare agreements that generate even more benefits for our clients, and the alliance with Alitalia will do precisely that," declared Paulo Kakinoff, GOL's CEO. "We are extremely pleased to be joining forces with one of Europe's biggest airlines."
The companies also plan to offer members of GOL's SMILES and Alitalia's MilleMiglia relationship programs the possibility of accumulating and redeeming miles on all eligible flights operated by the two airlines.For further information visit www.voegol.com.br/ir CONTACTS INVESTOR RELATIONSPhone: +55 (11) 2128-4700E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.voegol.com.br/ir Twitter: @GOLinvest CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONSPhone: +55 (11) 2128-4183E-mail: email@example.com Twitter: @GOLcomunicacao SOURCE GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV