Linear Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:LLTC), a leading, independent manufacturer of high performance linear integrated circuits, today reported financial results for the quarter and fiscal year ended June 30, 2013. Quarterly revenues of $327.3 million for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2013 increased $12.7 million or 4.0% over the previous quarter's revenue of $314.5 million and decreased $2.7 million or 0.8% from $330.0 million reported in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012. Net income of $101.9 million decreased $9.0 million or 8.1% from the third quarter of fiscal year 2013 and decreased $1.4 million or 1.3% from the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012. Net income in the third quarter of fiscal year 2013 benefited from a lower tax rate of 12.75% whereas the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2013 had a more normalized rate of 25.0%. The Company's tax rate in the third quarter of fiscal year 2013 was lower primarily due to cumulative benefits from the reinstatement of the federal R&D tax credit and secondarily due to the release of estimated tax liabilities for fiscal years that are no longer subject to audit. Diluted earnings per share of $0.43 per share in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2013 decreased $0.03 per share or 6.5% from the third quarter of fiscal year 2013 due to the change in the tax rate and decreased $0.01 per share from the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012.
Revenue for fiscal year 2013 was $1,282 million, an increase of 1.2% or $15.6 million over revenue of $1,267 million in the prior fiscal year. Net income of $406.9 million for fiscal year 2013 increased $8.8 million or 2.2% over $398.1 million reported in the previous fiscal year. The results for fiscal year 2013 benefited from a lower tax rate of 23.1% compared to 25.7% in fiscal year 2012. Diluted earnings per share for fiscal year 2013 was $1.71, an increase of $0.01 per share over the prior fiscal year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV