Trade-Ideas: EMC Corporation (EMC) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- EMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $447.1 million.
- EMC is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EMC: EMC Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, develops, delivers, and supports information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies, solutions, and services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. EMC has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 26 analysts that rate EMC Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for EMC Corporation has been 21.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EMC has a market cap of $53.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.68 and a short float of 3.3% with 3.96 days to cover. Shares are down 0.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EMC Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,712.80 million or 1.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.31%.
- EMC CORP/MA' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMC CORP/MA increased its bottom line by earning $1.23 versus $1.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.86 versus $1.23).
- The gross profit margin for EMC CORP/MA is rather high; currently it is at 68.48%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, EMC's net profit margin of 10.76% significantly trails the industry average.
- Although EMC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.07 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.94 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full EMC Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.