SAN JOSE, Calif., July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vocera Communications, Inc. (NYSE: VCRA), the leading provider of integrated, intelligent communication solutions for mission-critical environments in healthcare, hospitality, energy, retail and other mobile work environments, today announced that M. Bridget Duffy, M.D., chief medical officer at Vocera, is a featured speaker at two prominent summer healthcare events: Texas Healthcare Trustees Healthcare Governance Conference and Rock Health's Health Innovation Summit. At both conferences, Dr. Duffy will examine strategies for restoring the broken patient-physician relationship and improving patient and staff satisfaction.
- Texas Healthcare Trustees Healthcare Governance Conference ( Fort Worth, Texas; July 25 - 27, 2013) will feature nationally recognized speakers discussing critical changes in the healthcare delivery and reimbursement landscape. Dr. Duffy will deliver her speech: "Happy and Healthy: How Boards Can Transform the Patient Experience," at 8:00 a.m. CDT on Friday, July 26, 2013.
- Rock Health's Health Innovation Summit ( San Francisco, California; August 8 - 9, 2013) connects new strategic partners, investors, potential new hires and up-and-coming entrepreneurs through interactive industry discussion and care provider feedback. Dr. Duffy will moderate a panel titled: "The Future of Care Delivery," at 10:30 a.m. PDT on Friday, August 9, 2013. Additional speakers at the conference include John Sculley, entrepreneur, investor, former president of PepsiCo and CEO of Apple, and Esther Dyson, angel investor and chairman of HICCup (Health Initiative Coordinating Council).
M. Bridget Duffy, M.D., is the chief medical officer of Vocera. Before serving in this role, she founded and served as CEO of ExperiaHealth. Dr. Duffy also held the position of chief experience officer of the Cleveland Clinic, the first senior position of its kind in the nation, where she guided the institution in reprioritizing their strategic goals to emphasize the patient experience. She frequently speaks about the importance of the patient experience and the ways in which it affects clinical outcomes. Her work has led her to be honored by HealthLeaders magazine as one of "20 People Who Make Healthcare Better" and earned her the Quantum Leap Award for sparking international change in the healthcare field. Dr. Duffy is a graduate of the University of Minnesota's medical school and completed her residency in internal medicine at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, Minn., where she created and served as medical director for one of the U.S.'s first "hospitalist" services. Dr. Duffy also served as medical director of Medtronic, Inc.
About Vocera CommunicationsVocera is the leading provider of integrated, intelligent communication solutions for mission-critical environments in healthcare, hospitality, energy, retail and other mobile work environments. One of the fastest growing mobile technology companies, Vocera is widely recognized for developing smarter ways to communicate that improve patient and customer satisfaction. Exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association, Vocera® Voice Communication, Secure Messaging, and Patient Experience solutions are installed in more than 1,000 organizations worldwide. Vocera is headquartered in
San Jose, Calif., with offices in
Canada, and the
United Kingdom. For more information, visit
@VoceraCom on Twitter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts