- Total loans grew $3.7 billion, or 6%, from the prior year to $61.7 billion.
- Credit card loans grew $2.3 billion, or 5%, to $49.8 billion and Discover card sales volume increased 4% from the prior year.
- Credit card loan delinquencies over 30 days past due reached a record low of 1.58%. Credit card net charge-off rate decreased 2 basis points sequentially to 2.34%.
- Payment Services pretax income was down $71 million from the prior year to a pretax loss of $21 million.
Discover Financial Services Reports Second Quarter Net Income Of $602 Million Or $1.20 Per Diluted Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts