PASCAGOULA, Miss., July 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Volunteers from Huntington Ingalls Industries' (NYSE:HII) Ingalls Shipbuilding division recently helped freshen up the grounds and interior of the American Red Cross' Pascagoula office. Participants in Ingalls' Legacy Builders Executive Mentoring Program dedicated two weekends in June to the community project.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=20039
"Ingalls has been giving back to the community for 75 years, and this was an opportunity to continue that tradition and give back to an organization that is recognized for giving so much to people in need," said Todd Thompson, risk manager at Ingalls.The Legacy Builders Executive Mentoring Program matches up-and-coming Ingalls leaders with vice presidents from different shipyard departments to encourage the mentees' leadership development and expand their knowledge and understanding of the shipbuilding industry. To develop leadership skills, mentees in the program are encouraged to plan and lead a community service project. The Red Cross Grounds Refresh Community Project was conducted as part of the Legacy Builders' 2012-2013 community service program. In addition to this project, Legacy Builders also volunteered at various non-profit organizations throughout Jackson County. "We are honored that the Legacy Builders selected Red Cross as one of their four charities of choice," said Shirley Phillips, Pascagoula office coordinator for the American Red Cross' South Mississippi chapter. "The amount of work they accomplished in a few short days is remarkable."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV