CANTON, Miss., July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Through a $400,000 kick-start grant, Nissan is working with United Way of the Capital Area to provide free books every month to 35,000 eligible Mississippi preschoolers from birth to age 5 through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library program.
Nissan is awarding the grant as part of the celebration of its 10 th anniversary of operations in Mississippi. The contribution enables United Way of the Capital Area to expand the Dolly Parton Imagination Library program to include each child living in Hinds, Madison and Rankin County over the next five years.
"I am thrilled and thankful that United Way and Nissan are joining hands to bring Imagination Library to the kids of the Capital area. It takes special people to do special things and I know we are doing something special in Mississippi," said Dolly Parton, country music legend and founder of Imagination Library.Imagination Library was created by country music legend Dolly Parton and is administered locally by United Way of the Capital Area. The grant announcement was made at the Mississippi Children's Museum in Jackson, Miss., in an event that included local parents and children, community leaders and Nissan employee volunteers. "Nissan is committed to improving education programs and opportunities in Mississippi," said Nissan Director of Human Resources Jeffrey Webster. "As we celebrate our first 10 years of successful operations in Mississippi, we are pleased to stand with United Way and so many others who are committed to helping children prepare to succeed in school and in life." Children throughout the three counties are eligible to participate in the program. Each month, an age-appropriate book will be mailed to participants giving them the potential to build a personal library of up to 60 books. Parents are encouraged to read the books with their children.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV