Frontier Airlines recently added its newest aircraft to its fleet, an Airbus A320 with sharklets. The sharklets, which are eight foot tall wingtip devices, help save fuel and enhance the overall efficiency of the aircraft. The sharklets are expected to save up to four percent, or up to $400,000 per year in fuel burn by reducing drag while also lowering noise emissions and improving take-off performance.
In keeping with the Frontier brand that has a unique animal on each aircraft tail, the new aircraft introduces a new species to the Frontier fleet. “The new aircraft is Frontier’s first with sharklets, so naturally, a shark seemed like a perfect fit,” said Daniel Shurz, Frontier’s senior vice president, commercial. “The tiger shark joins our existing gang of land and marine animals from the destinations we serve.”
To view a photo of the newest aircraft, visit http://news.flyfrontier.com/image/frontier-a320-sharklets.
Sign up for email updates at FlyFrontier.com/email-alert to receive special discounts and promotions only available to Frontier’s email subscribers. Special offers are also available by following us on Twitter at Twitter.com/FlyFrontier or by liking us on Facebook at Facebook.com/FlyFrontier.Frontier Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:RJET). About Frontier Airlines Frontier Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: RJET), an airline holding company that also owns Chautauqua Airlines, Republic Airlines and Shuttle America. Currently in its 20 th year of operations, Frontier offers service to more than 75 destinations in the United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. The airline employs more than 4,000 aviation professionals, operating from its hub at Denver International Airport. For in-depth information on Frontier Airlines and to book tickets, visit FlyFrontier.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV