BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Who doesn't love a bargain?
Believe it or not, bargains aren't dead on Wall Street. Despite the prodigious rise in the broad market over the course of the past few years, fundamentals have largely kept up with stocks' ascent. So while stocks have rallied hard on an absolute basis, many haven't made such insane move on a valuation basis.
That doesn't mean that "stocks are cheap" as a rule right now. Unlike this time last year, there are many conspicuous movers that have reached the valuation stratosphere. But in general, stocks aren't expensive as a group -- and some stocks still present bargain buying opportunities in 2013.To find them, we're tearing the lid off of Wall Street's "bargain bin" today. >>5 Toxic Stocks to Sell Now In our search, we're focusing in on stocks that currently trade at or under book value per share -- a number that (generally) means that a company costs less to buy than the value of the stuff it owns. Often, stocks trade under book value for good reasons. It could mean, for example, that a company has a major black cloud ready to disrupt its businesses, or that its liabilities are under-represented on its balance sheet. To combat those value traps, we're focusing on larger bargains with consistent profitability and assets that are primarily financed with equity rather than debt. >>5 Stocks Poised for Big Breakouts Without further ado, here's a look at five of the stocks from Wall Street's bargain bin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV