REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACRX), today announced the closing of the public offering of 4,370,000 shares of common stock, including 570,000 shares of common stock which were issued pursuant to the exercise of the underwriters' option to purchase additional shares, at a price of $11.65 per share to the public. The total gross proceeds of this offering were approximately $50.9 million with estimated net proceeds to AcelRx of $47.9 million after deducting underwriting discounts and commissions and other estimated expenses payable by AcelRx.
Jefferies LLC and Piper Jaffray & Co. acted as joint book-running managers for the offering, and Guggenheim Securities acted as co-manager for the offering.
A shelf registration statement on Form S-3 relating to the public offering of the shares of common stock described above was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and is effective. A final prospectus supplement relating to the offering was filed with the SEC and is available on the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov. Copies of the final prospectus supplement may be obtained from the offices of Jefferies LLC, Equity Syndicate Prospectus Department, at 520 Madison Avenue, New York, New York, 10022, or by calling (877) 547-6340, or by emailing Prospectus_Department@Jefferies.com, or from Piper Jaffray & Co., Attention: Prospectus Department, 800 Nicollet Mall, J12S03, Minneapolis, MN 55402 or by calling (800)747-3924, or by emailing email@example.com.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or other jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV