DEARBORN, Mich., July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford will hire 3,000 salaried employees – 800 more than previously expected – this year to continue its product momentum and new growth
- Of the 3,000 new hires, 80 percent will be technical professionals to meet demand for new skills; 85 to 90 percent will be in Michigan, with the remaining positions at Ford locations throughout the United States
- Ford launches advertising campaign with expanded use of social media to target prospective employees
- New salaried positions are in addition to company's goal to create 12,000 hourly jobs in the U.S. by 2015
Ford Motor Company will hire an additional 800 salaried employees for a total of more than 3,000 salaried employees in 2013. The new hiring represents a 36 percent increase over the original projection of 2,200 additional salaried jobs announced in January. With only a 2.7 percent attrition rate, the majority of these jobs are new.
This salaried hiring initiative is the largest since 2000, and is necessary for Ford to meet surging demand for its products and continue its aggressive global growth. Ford's U.S. market share is up almost a full percentage point from last year, and the company reported its best June sales since 2006, fueled by share gains on the east and west coasts and surging demand for Ford Escape and Ford F-150.
Of the 3,000 new jobs, 2,400 will be technical professionals who will work in product development, manufacturing, quality, purchasing and information technology. Ford is halfway to its goal of hiring the 3,000 salaried employees this year. Felicia Fields, Ford group vice president for human resources, says the company is still looking for people who are "interested in working for a diverse global leader in a huge growth mode" to fill the more than 1,500 positions that remain."Engineers and technical professionals are in as much demand as our cars, trucks and SUVs," says Fields. "Global demand and increasing capacity in North America and Asia requires that we aggressively seek out technical professionals in order to continue our growth." While the 3,000 jobs will be based in the U.S., many of these positions will have a global impact as Ford continues to expand around the world to meet surging demand for its cars, trucks and SUVs. In addition to the 3,000 salaried jobs, Ford hired 1,850 salaried workers last year in the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV