DALLAS, July 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For the second time this month, a successful Five Guys franchisee has joined forces with the leader of the rapidly growing fast-casual pizza space.
Pie Five Pizza Co., a subsidiary of Pizza Inn Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:PZZI), announced today that it has awarded up to 12 franchise units to Jeff Mengel, who will bring the trend-setting concept to his native Baltimore.
"We've been looking for more than a year for the next category killer in the fast-casual space, where we could get in early like we did with Five Guys," said Mengel. "I'm a very strong believer in the fast-casual segment because busy people with active lifestyles want to eat on the go, but they still expect high quality. Pie Five has perfected the model in the pizza space and I have no doubt they are poised for explosive growth."Mengel is the managing partner of four Five Guys locations in the Baltimore area. Three of the four operate among the top five in gross sales in the local market, and all four operate above the brand's system average. Mengel's partnership group with fellow franchisee Jeff Percey has won two of the chain's top awards: "Top Franchisee – Highest Average Unit Volume" and "High Sales Volume in a Traditional Location." Two weeks ago, Percey announced that he would be introducing Pie Five to the Richmond, VA, market. "Jeff Mengel and his operating team have proven that they know how to operate at a very high level in the fast-casual space," said Madison Jobe, chief development officer for Pie Five. "They understand the importance of delivering a consistent, high-quality product to every guest every time, and they are intimately familiar with the Baltimore restaurant market. We are delighted that Jeff is now part of our team, and we look forward to revolutionizing the pizza experience in Charm City."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV