Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Things Are Going Too Well
Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today there was profit-taking because things are going too well, Jim Cramer said on "Mad Money" Wednesday. That logic may seem counter-intuitive but with so many parts of the economy heating up, it's almost time for interest rates to start heading higher.
Cramer told investors not to take their cues from Caterpillar (CAT), a company whose management has been doing all of the wrong things. Instead, look at all the sectors that are doing well -- such as housing, which is seeing new home sales at five-year highs. Or autos, where Ford Motor (F) is leading the charge.
Executive Decision: Mike ThamanIn his "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Mike Thaman, chairman and CEO of Owens Corning (OC), which delivered Wednesday a 12-cents-a-share earnings miss on lighter-than-expected revenue. Shares of Owens Corning stood their ground in today's trading, however, and are still up 60% for the year. Thaman attributed the shortfall to the company's roofing products, which were in high demand this time last year but are now following a more normal seasonal pattern. He said the volume is building towards the second half of the year, however, and he expects strong momentum to continue into 2014 and beyond. When asked about the red-hot housing market, Thaman said what's most important for Owens Corning is that demand is growing in a predictable pattern that allows customers to build their inventories and Owens Corning to raise its prices. He said disruptions in growth cause the building products market to take pause, but things have been growing steady over the past 12 to 18 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV