Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:48 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Wednesday.
Citigroup says there's downside risk in J.C. Penney (JCP). Cramer said he's pulling for the company but it's not a name where he wants to invest. JCP fell 1.1% to $15.92.
Cramer was concerned about the sudden rise in United Parcel Service (UPS). "Look out," Cramer said -- this could be like FedEx (FDX) where the upward price action was a "dead-cat bounce." UPS fell nearly 1% to $86.98.Wells Fargo says Six Flags (SIX) is a buy. Cramer agrees, citing the strong dividend and the ability for most companies to bounce back from one-time, tragic events such as the death of a rider at a Six Flags rollercoaster in Texas. SIX rose 1.7% to $36.79. Juniper Networks (JNPR) was upgraded by Topeka Capital. Cramer said the company is doing better with higher carrier spending. Whether that continues will remain the biggest question in the second half of the year, he said. JNPR was up 1.5% to $21.66. Coach (COH) has moved much higher this year and Cramer doesn't want to bet against the "renewed and smarter" company. COH was unchanged at $59.36. Bank of America downgraded Norfolk Southern (NSC) to underperform from neutral. Cramer called the railroad an earnings outlier compared to Union Pacific's (UNP) and CSX's (CSX) good earnings reports. NSC ended the day 2.9% lower at $74.66. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV