NEW YORK, July 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sean Doyle has been appointed General Manager and EVP for British Airways in the Americas, effective September 1, 2013. He will be responsible for the airline's extensive commercial business in the USA, Canada, Mexico, South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda.
Sean will oversee sales and marketing and will lead the airline's efforts to grow the successful Atlantic joint business between American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Finnair.
Previously, Sean held the position of Head of Business Planning & Strategy for British Airways where he focused on alliances, network and fleet planning, infrastructure development and corporate business planning. He brings with him a wealth of experience, including managerial roles in Cargo and the Asia Pacific region.Drew Crawley, British Airways' Chief Commercial Officer, said: "Sean's extensive experience managing alliance relationships, combined with his global mind set, made him the ideal candidate for this position. Our transatlantic business is incredibly important and presents a large growth opportunity and we are excited to have Sean lead the way forward." Sean graduated from University College Cork with a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm.) degree. He is also a Chartered Management Accountant. In his new position, Sean will divide his time between the British Airways global headquarters in London Heathrow and the Americas regional head office in New York City.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Tel: 212 716 0477 Email: Americas.Communications@ba.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV