Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Target (TGT) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Target as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TGT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $204.9 million.
- TGT has traded 179,363 shares today.
- TGT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TGT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TGT NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on TGT: Target Corporation operates general merchandise stores in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. TGT has a PE ratio of 17.1. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Target a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.The average volume for Target has been 4.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Target has a market cap of $46.6 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.49 and a short float of 3.1% with 7.02 days to cover. Shares are up 23.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Target as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 147.13% to $3,230.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TARGET CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 142.76%.
- TGT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- TGT's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.86 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- TARGET CORP's earnings per share declined by 26.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TARGET CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.53 versus $4.29 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 4.0% in earnings ($4.35 versus $4.53).
- You can view the full Target Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about TGT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV