Molson Coors Brewing Company (NYSE: TAP)(TSX: TPX) today announced the issue of its 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report, covering the company’s performance in five key areas: Governance and Ethics, Alcohol Responsibility, Environmental Stewardship, Employees and Community and Responsible Sourcing.
“In 2012 Molson Coors saw Our Beer Print performance -- our impacts on our communities, people and the environment -- recognized as best in class when we were named the beverage industry sector leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index,” said Peter Swinburn, president and CEO of Molson Coors. “Improving Our Beer Print has already positively affected our bottom line. From 2008 through 2012, we saved $10 million per year due to lower use of energy and water, reduced waste fees and taxes, and sales of materials that would otherwise have been disposed. Our targeted environmental performance through 2020 will result in additional savings of $16 million per year.”
The targets Molson Coors set for the 2008-2012 period mobilized the organization to achieve significant savings of energy, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, water consumption and waste to landfill. While the company saw overall reductions, its water and energy intensity targets were not met due to lower than expected volumes. Last year, the company announced ambitious new long-term targets to achieve further reductions: 25 percent in energy intensity, 15 percent in GHG intensity and 20 percent in water per unit of production by the year 2020.
Building Corporate Responsibility into BrandsIn early 2013, Molson Coors adopted a 2015 goal for global corporate responsibility, ‘to improve Our Beer Print to create a competitive advantage for our brands and customers.’ The company’s focus has evolved from behind-the-scenes operations management to include embedding corporate responsibility in the brands themselves and how they go to market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV