RADNOR, Pa., July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE: LNC) announced today that it has achieved recognition in the 10 th Annual Innovations in Diversity Awards competition sponsored by Profiles in Diversity Journal, a bimonthly magazine focused on diversity/inclusion in a variety of workplace settings. A first time winner, Lincoln Financial received an Award of Excellence for its Women's Business Resource Group (BRG) awareness program designed to help build trusting relationships with female investors.
Lincoln's Women's BRG recognizes that men and women think and engage differently on the subject of financial and retirement planning. The goal of the enterprise-wide program is to educate employees, clients, advisors and strategic partners on best practices for effectively communicating and building trust with women investors to increase their engagement levels in financial planning.
"This year's winners presented unique and game-changing initiatives, such as sustainability, corporate compassion, community-based events and training, employee aids, and inclusion efforts for marginalized groups," said James Rector, Publisher of Profiles in Diversity Journal. "We congratulate all of our winning companies, including Lincoln Financial Group, for their commitment to diversity and inclusion, and we applaud their innovative programs."
The annual competition honors corporations, organizations and institutions that have developed innovative solutions in the area of workforce diversity and inclusion."Diversity and Inclusion facilitates idea exchange and organizational change," said Allison Green, senior vice president and chief diversity officer for Lincoln Financial Group. "The work of the Women's BRG represents an ideal example of how we're embracing a variety of perspectives and new ideas across our organization to drive innovation. We're extremely pleased to have achieved recognition in this year's competition." Winners were selected based on the following criteria:
- Attainment of a purpose or goal
- Implementation resources
- Achievement of benefits or positive changes
- Demonstration of effectiveness via indicators, metrics, or proof
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV