Monster.com, the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities and flagship brand of Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW), today released new survey results detailing workers’ views within the Information Technology industry. This is the sixth significant finding of Monster’s Workforce Talent survey of nearly 6,000 registered Monster users, covering general job market insight and sentiment.
Despite surveyed IT workers expressing relative satisfaction with all aspects of their job, it is job security that is their primary concern.
Key IT Professional Insights from the survey:
- IT workers are the fourth most satisfied with their jobs, behind engineering, finance and healthcare professionals
- 87% believe that an increasing number of IT jobs are consistently being outsourced offshore
- 53% feel that offshore outsourcing leads to lower employee morale
- 52% feel offshore outsourcing leads to less valued skills and overall salary reductions
- Only 14% feel outsourcing is necessary for global business growth
- Less than one quarter believe offshore outsourcing provides an avenue for more valuable skills (8%), fewer menial tasks (11%) and more innovative projects (13%)
“While job satisfaction in the IT sector is relatively strong, it is apparent that IT employees in the U.S. are apprehensive about their job security due to the belief that outsourcing offshore is increasing,” said Jeffrey Quinn, Vice President of Monster’s Global Insights. “To keep the best IT talent, Monster data suggests that employers must recognize the job aspects valued most by workers, including salary, use of skills, and career advancement. Employers should also work towards integrating IT employees with the rest of the office to increase satisfaction and boost morale.”Yet, demand for IT professionals remains strong, particularly in key markets, with the perceptions of outsourcing likely indicating demand for these workers is outstripping supply.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV