MINNEAPOLIS, July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- James Beard Award-winning Portland chef and restaurateur Vitaly Paley is partnering with Liberte yogurt to introduce the yogurt to the market and create a variety of unique food pairings, combining the yogurt with his taste for local fare. Chef Paley's appreciation for regional Pacific Northwest flavors and ever-evolving interest in distinctive food pairs well with Liberte's dedication to clean flavor and pure taste.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130723/NY50910-a )(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130723/NY50910-b )(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130723/NY50910-c )(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910LOGO-d )
Liberte uses a blend of cultures to create two smooth, creamy varieties and several delicious flavors. Mediterranee is Liberte's signature, whole-milk yogurt available in seven delectable flavors. Liberte Greek is a fat-free delight with a clean, fresh-dairy taste and offers six flavors.
"When creating my own culinary experiences, I love to combine regional flavors with historic techniques," said Chef Paley. "Adding Liberte yogurt to the mix allowed me to expand my repertoire and create pairings that stay true to our shared passion for flavor-focused innovation while honoring simple, pure ingredients."Liberte yogurt has a legacy of artisanship and a history as rich as its yogurt. Liberte began in Montreal, started by the Kaporovsky family in 1936, and has since made its way to the U.S., gaining acceptance and recognition from yogurt lovers and foodies from coast to coast. Recently introduced to the Portland area, Liberte stays true to its roots of excellence and distinction, producing a delicious yogurt with simple ingredients, notable flavors and a clean, pure finish. "We're thrilled to be working with Chef Paley," Maggie Watson, associate marketing manager for Liberte. "His approach to food aligns so well with ours at Liberte, and we've been amazed to see the unique ways he's using both varieties of yogurt." Liberte Pairings Created by Chef Vitaly Paley Quail Tikka Masala featuring Liberte Greek Plain Yogurt Serves 4 as main course or 8 as appetizer INGREDIENTS: 3 teaspoons coriander seeds3 teaspoons cumin seeds 4 teaspoons of ground turmeric 2 teaspoons of garam masala 6 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped 5 teaspoons of finely grated peeled ginger 4 containers of Liberte Greek Plain yogurt Large pinch of sea salt 8 semi-boneless quails 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil 1 medium onion peeled and thinly sliced 8 cardamom pods, smashed 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes 1 can whole peeled tomatoes 2 cups coconut milk 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more sprigs for garnish 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more leaves for garnish 1/3 cup fresh mint, plus more leaves for garnish INSTRUCTIONS:
- Combine coriander and cumin in a small saute pan and toast over high heat until fragrant.
- Transfer to a spice grinder, add ground turmeric and garam masala, and grind till very fine. Transfer into a bowl and mix with garlic and ginger.
- Transfer half the spices into a different bowl and mix with 2 containers of Liberte Greek Plain yogurt and salt.
- Coat the quail thoroughly, cover and refrigerate. 5. Heat the olive oil in a 6-quart sauce pan over medium heat. add the onion, cardamom and red pepper flakes. Cook stirring until the onions have softened, about 5 minutes. 6. add the remaining spices and cook stirring for another 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juices. Bring to a boil and cook stirring over medium heat until flavor concentrates, about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, bring to a boil and cook stirring often until the sauce thickens, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to manufacturers' specifications. Grill the quail on both sides over very high heat until well browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the quail into a sauce. Gently stir in the chopped herbs and remaining 2 containers of Liberte Greek Plain yogurt. Bring the whole thing to a simmer, and do not boil.
- Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with herb leaves and serve immediately.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts